2020 will go down in the history books, no doubt
When we went into the new year, we were bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Ready to tackle our goals and celebrate a major milestone as our company turned 30. However, the impact a worldwide pandemic would have on the everyone was not something we planned for.
Regardless of the adversity and challenges we all faced, Rocky Mountain International still had a reason to celebrate. Operating for over 30 years is no small feat; endless hard work and effort were poured into those years by the many incredible people who have been a part of RMI.
Celebrating 30 years in business
In celebration of our 30 years in business and looking back on our growth over the decades, we wanted to give back to the community that allowed this small business to thrive. Not only was it important for us to support local organizations that aligned with our own core values, but it was equally important that those currently working at the company have a stake in the matter by nominating a few organizations near and dear to their hearts.
Throughout 2020, RMI chose 13 local organizations to support:
- JANUARY: Needs, Inc. // food and clothing drive for residents living at or below the poverty line in Cheyenne
- FEBRUARY: COMEA House & Resource Center // fundraising gala to support housing, meals and case management for homeless persons in Cheyenne
- MARCH: Family Promise // monetary donation for emergency and ongoing shelter, meals and supportive services for children and families experiencing homelessness
- APRIL: VFW & Cheyenne Animal Shelter // monetary donation to expand programs for Veterans of Foreign Wars; monetary donation to support our local animal shelter and pet rescue organization
- MAY: Greater Cheyenne Greenway // volunteer effort to help beautify a section of the community’s 37 miles of paved pathways for safe recreational activities
- JUNE: NAACP Cheyenne // monetary donation to support justice and equality efforts for people of color in Cheyenne
- JULY: Civil Air Patrol, Wyoming Wing // monetary donation to support Wyoming emergency service programs, cadet leadership and aerospace education
- AUGUST: Wyoming Children’s Society // monetary donation to support children and families through adoption services
- SEPTEMBER: Parents and Researchers Interested in Smith-Magenis Syndrome (PRISMS) // monetary donation to help provide information and support to families of persons with Smith-Magenis Syndrome (SMS), sponsor research and foster partnerships with professionals to increase awareness and understanding of SMS
- OCTOBER: American Red Cross Wyoming Region // monetary donation to support those affected by the Mullen Fire, which burned over 176,878 acres in southern Wyoming
- NOVEMBER: Wyoming Wildlife Federation // monetary donation to support Wyoming’s wildlife and public lands
- DECEMBER: The Salvation Army & VFW // monetary donation to support local veterans and those in need
In reflecting on 2020, it’s easy to focus on the negatives. But as we strive to move forward with enthusiasm and positivity, we choose to remember 2020 as the year we celebrated a huge milestone for our company and as the year we had the opportunity to support the community that has supported us for so many years. We are confident brighter days are ahead, and we can’t wait to get back to doing what we love.
Thank you, to all of our clients, partners and friends, for your support over the past 30-plus years. Cheers to 30 more!